Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ah! The Race is Almost Here!

So.....I'm packed and ready to go to Ireland tomorrow. Actually, in a few short minutes, it will be TODAY (I should go to bed) BUT I have to get one more post in before I go. So here are the stats people. As of this very moment:

$540: Amount raised thus far for the Hydrocephalus Association on the Run Carla Run Project: Dublin Marathon First Giving Donation Page (go HERE to donate now!)

27%: Percentage raised to meet my donation goal of $2000. We have until December 28 to reach the goal!

3 days: Until I run the Dublin Marathon.

20 lbs: The amount of weight my carry-on is allowed to weigh on my RyanAir flight.

40: Number of miles I ran last week.

30%: Chance of rain in Dublin on the race day.

45: Average degrees Fahrenheit expected in Dublin during this time of year.

0: number of songs I will be listening to on my iPod while I run. I was told by the Marathon committee that, when running the race, "if you can't hear YOU ARE IN DANGER" so....no ear buds for me.

2: Number of parents who are meeting me in Dublin to cheer me on.

1: number of running sunglasses I need to buy before the race as mine just BROKE a few days ago. Boo.

10: number of band-aids I am packing in my running pack, just in case....

3: number of nieces I now have since our most recent addition to the family Noelle Elizabeth was born on 22  October 2012 (Congrats Tim and Sarah!)

1: Number of nieces to whom I am dedicating this marathon to and pray for daily for her recovery and healing. LOVE YOU NICOLE!

And...that's about it. Also, someone told me that Guinness is "like unicorn's blood" it's so amazing and magical...so, I guess I'll have to drink some AFTER the race.

Thank you again to everyone who has donated and supported both me and, more importantly, my niece Nicole during this journey.

Off I go!

Also.... I have been told I have an unhealthy obsession with cats. If this blog is any evidence, my obsession has reached such levels that I should be on that show Intervention. So....here are some photos of other animals I find equally hilarious and wonderful, just to prove that I am not completely feline-obsessed (yet....).
















No comments:

Post a Comment